Florida Keys Deep Sea Fishing
Deep sea fishing off Key Largo has some of the best fishing on the east coast. I have been coming out here for most of my life and every day is as good as the first. When you look at that blueness of the water and feel the openness of the sea you can’t help but to get excited. From the start of November thru April, the off shore fishing offers some of the best sailfishing along with tuna, king mackerel, and wahoo. This fishing consists mostly of live baiting along the edge of the reef. This where the reef drops out from 60 feet to 100, 120, and130 feet. The pelagic fish travel this area which is alive with baitfish giving opportunity for these fish to feed and that is where you want to be.
I have caught lots of fish in my life , but I must say the sailfish is on of the most exciting fish . When live baiting you get the chance to see the fish come up and eat and once hooked they will give a show that will hook you . Being one of the fastest fish in the sea and very acrobatic , jumping and dancing across the back of the boat, very visual. It does require patience at times but there is usually action with the tuna ,king mackerel and bottom fish.
Moving into spring and summer , May thru October, the Mahi-mahi start to show in numbers. The deeper reefs offer the yellowtail and mutton snappers, grouper. Also while out hunting the mahi we troll for the wahoo and tuna. So what ever time of year it may be there is also something to go after. If there is some particular fish you may be looking for give us a call and we can help guide you to it to give you the best chance of landing your fish.
The Ocean off Key Largo is alive with sportfish. Having a Captain like Captain Dana Banks can make your Deep Sea Fishing Charter a fantastic one. Just let Captain Dana know what you want to fish for.
- Sailfish – One of the most sought after sport fish in the Keys. Best time to start fishing for the sailfish is November, peaking in February and tapering off by April.
- Dolphin (mahi-mahi)- Available year-round with the best fishing in spring and early summer. A great fish to catch and eat.
- Kingfish – King of the reefs. Available year-round with the best fishing starting in the fall.
- Wahoo – Year-round but are not consistent, winter and early spring are best fishing times for wahoo.
- Tuna – Year-round but found in different depths, spring is best along the edge of the reef.
- Mutton Snapper - Available year-round along the reef line and around local wrecks. The best fishing is available in spring. Fun to catch, excellent to eat!
- Grouper – Open season May 1st through Dec. 31st. Excellent to eat.
- Yellowtail Snapper – Best in the spring and summer. Excellent to eat.
Basic recreational saltwater fishing regulations chart
This brief summary of regulations governs the taking of saltwater species in Florida state waters for personal use.
Recreational Saltwater Regulations for Florida State Waters
Captain Dana Banks knows these waters and where to fish for each type of catch.
Join us today for a Florida Keys fishing adventure that you will surely enjoy
Call (305) 394-7420 or use our Contact Form